What is an apartment?
An apartment is a suite of rooms to form one unit of residence. It is typically a part of a building containing a number of units. The building may have 2 to ten units. Each unit has its own entrance and exit door. Most apartments have two bedroom, a bath and toilet, a kitchen, dining and receiving areas.
However, there are apartments with only one huge room that serves as the bedroom, dining and living room. It has a small kitchen and smaller restroom. Most apartments are leased out to renters. The term of the lease are agreed upon by both the owner and the renter.
Usually the owner asks for a security deposit equivalent to one month rent and an advance rental payment for one or two months. This is to secure that rentals are paid every month. The security deposit is made to pay utility bills that have not been paid when the renter moves out.
Types of Apartments
- Corporate Apartment – is typically designed to be a temporary or short-term plan. This is designed for travelers, for temporary relocation while their permanent home is built or renovated. Businessmen who attend conventions or seminar workshops that lasts a week or so prefer to stay in corporate apartments rather than in a hotel because it is cost saving.
- Studio Apartment – This typically include a huge single main room which acts as the living, dining room and bed room combined and normally likewise includes kitchen area centers, with a different smaller restroom. This is good for one individual who likes to live alone.
- Apartment for Students – This type of apartment caters to a number of students who wants to save on housing. They share in the rental and utility bills. They can place double deck beds on a room to accommodate more persons.
- Secondary Suite – When part of a home is transformed for the apparent use of a property owner’s member of the family, the unit may be called an apartment. It can also be rented out. Usually they are situated in the basement.
- Loft Apartment – It is one big room, normally located in a structure that was transformed from office to domestic, with truly high ceilings and windows. A loft can present with anything from a studio to three bed rooms, although this is typically defined at the outset.
- Alcove Apartment – It is defined as a location no more than one hundred square feet located off of the living space. An alcove studio is a one-room studio with an alcove (often L-shaped) that can be made use of as a resting location.
- Duplex or Triplex Apartment – These are apartments with two or 3 levels, respectively. The levels might be distinct because the 2nd or third level is for sleeping just, or they might showcase actual floors with bathrooms on each level.
- Garden Apartment – this unit has access to a garden. Usually it is a basement level apartment with windows that are high up on the walls.